Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network


As I have mentioned a few times on this blog, in college I became involved with Maranatha Campus Ministries, which at that time was a shepherding-Dominionist college church movement. Maranatha no longer exists, but some of the tactics it used to keep members in line fell under the definition of spiritual abuse. My blog has been included in the Spiritual Abuse Survivors' Blogs Network. I am honored to be included, and from time to time I will be addressing this topic, and my experiences of it, in more detail.

The bloggers in this network each have their own life journey as they work through this issue in their pasts. Some have remained Christians, some have not. But they all deserve to be heard and listened closely to, because they all have wisdom to share-- and the dynamics of spiritual abuse affect all of us in one way or another. As John Donne said,

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

This is my invitation to everyone to read and learn more about spiritual abuse and those of us who have been through it and come out the other side. After all, we're all in this life together.

No comments: