Thursday, November 24, 2011

Being Thankful

It seems appropriate to do the traditional thing today and say what I'm thankful for. Here goes, then:

I'm thankful for my health, my comfortable (if small) home, and for the love of my sweet husband and children, my dear sister, my extended family and my friends.

I'm thankful that I learned how to break the cycle of codependency and dysfunction in my family, so that my children are growing up feeling freely loved, without control or guilt.

I'm thankful for the Internet and for all the interaction and connection with people I would never otherwise have known.

I'm thankful for authors who have made an impact on my life, opening my mind and heart: J.R.R. Tolkien, Wendy and Richard Pini, C.S. Lewis, Dorothy L. Sayers, Terry Pratchett, J.K. Rowling, Patricia McKillip, Robin McKinley, and Diana Wynn Jones.

I'm thankful that despite our hardships, we have never had to go hungry.

I'm thankful that I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest: for firs and ferns, mushrooms and morning glories, oceans and mountains.

I'm thankful for the presence of the Spirit of God in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's nice. I'm thankful for you and your family, and so much in life too.

Hugs!

Kimbre